Monday, October 25, 2010

Back to the Blog!

Sorry, I know it's been forever since I last posted, but i've been running around getting settled into my job and into my new home!

About two (three?) weeks ago I finally started my job.  I'm working as an English assistant at two different schools.  The first school is a school for future teachers, and I've been working with the English teachers.  This is incredibly awesome because I just finished doing the exact same thing in the USA.  Essentially, the students are like my friends back home and they are all around my age or older than me.  It's awesome.  The other school that I work at is attached to the teacher school and is basically a middle school.  All of the students there are totally fascinated by the fact that I'm a "real American"!  They're super adorable and I can finally understand why someone might want to teach kids these age.  They like to come up to me and show me their English quizzes and tell me random things about themselves in German.  It's seriously the cutest thing EVER.

Other than school, I've pretty much been chilling around and exploring the area.  Vorarlberg really is super beautiful, albeit a little removed from pretty much every other place in the world.  But I really like it and am working hard to learn the regional dialect and meet people while I'm here.  Anyway, I have to be off, but expect a longer (and more detailed) update soon!

Mack

3 comments:

  1. well, i thought by your long absence that you had died and was hoping that you had made me the sole heir to all your stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU LIKE MIDDLE SCHOOL? I've lost you to the gumdrop chasers? NO!
    It's wonderful to hear that you're doing so well. Keep blogging! I need something fabulous to distract me from my boring daily life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I like the middle schoolers so much because I'm a novelty to them. They've never met an American before, so I'm pretty much the coolest person they have ever met. It's awesome.

    ReplyDelete